Monday, April 23, 2012

Arles Side Table and Garage of Good

   Huge announcement!  I will be selling my pieces Saturday, May 26th at Garage of Good near the Pearl Brewery!  Garage of Good is a sale features local artisans and I am thrilled to find a venue that fits my needs.  The Pearl Brewery is awesome - you can come buy my furniture, go to the farmer's market and eat at La Gloria, one of my favorite restaurants! Click here to read more about it.
     In gearing up for that, I am starting to work on the furniture Crystal gave me in return for helping refinish her kitchen island.  This is a little side table, approximately 30 wide.  I say approximate because Blake "borrowed" my tape measure a couple of hours ago and I still can't find it.  It's probably up a tree or something.  The finish on the table was flaking off and there was a ton of water damage on top.
I sanded down the top, made some minor repairs, and stained the top.  Then I painted it with Arles chalk paint, a creamy yellow that I just have been itching to put on something, and distressed and dark waxed it.  I finished it off by putting a cute knob on it! 


A close up of the knob:  Got it at World Market, by the way.



1 comment: