Tuesday, September 25, 2012

King Sized Headboard

I have finally finished both doors that I turned into headboards.  Doing crown moulding was MUCH harder than I anticipated, and my lack of being able to understand it made me really frustrated.  I just knew my Trigonometry and Calculus teacher could feel my failure and was shaking his head in disappointment somewhere... but I finally figured it out.  Turns out my saw is just not really right for the job.  It needs to be bigger and I would love to have a compound miter saw.  I'm not saying I'll never do crown moulding again...but I'll never use my saw for it again!  
Having said that, didn't this turn out GORGEOUS?  LOVE the color combo Sheala picked out - Pure White over Provence.  For the medallions I painted them Provence, waited til dry, then painted white and rubbed it through to the blue with a damp cloth.  
 In case you forgot what the original door looked like...




No comments:

Post a Comment